Choosing Windows 95 PC Laptops
For those who enjoy restoring vintage tech, an older laptop can be an engaging project and might even provide some nostalgic value when you use it. Though Windows 95 doesnt exactly have the features of Windows 10, there are still many appealing uses for this type of computer, not to mention that it can be fun comparing yesterdays tech to todays.
What Are Some Features of Toshiba Laptops?
Though these are older models, you may be surprised at some of the high-tech features that these laptops offer, which means that there are numerous ways that you can use this type of device.
- A dedicated graphics card provides enhanced graphics, which comes in handy whether youre gaming, looking at images, or viewing a video. You can purchase a card yourself or buy a laptop that includes onboard graphics features.
- Most of these machines run on Intel processors, including the Pentium or the Pentium MMX. Speeds vary, with some offering 33 MHz and others going up to 75 MHz or more power.
- A built-in floppy disk drive lets you install software, play PC games, and save data to blank disks.
How Do You Pick the Right Windows PC?
Youll want to keep a few factors in mind as you select the right PC for you. For instance, you may want to think about how you plan to use the machine, how much time youll spend on it, or whether youre buying a machine to upgrade or restore or whether you want one thats in perfect working order.
- Think about memory. Most of these computers offer RAM memory along with an HDD (hard-disk drive). RAM is short-term memory that your machine uses every day, and the more memory you have, the more software, files, photos, and games you can run on your device at one time.
- You should also consider size. For work, you may want a larger screen size, but for a portable back-to-school computer, smaller may work better. Sizes typically range from 10 to 12 inches.
- Hardware connectivity lets you connect peripherals like a mouse, so check to see which inputs are available before you purchase a computer. Many come with USB ports and other input options.
What Are Some Models to Consider?
There are some specific models to take a look at as you make your decision on the machine for you.
- The Toshiba Satellite Pro 440CDX measures a portable and compact 12.1 inches. It features an Intel Pentium MMX processor, dedicated graphics, and 16 MB of memory.
- Check into the Tecra 500CDT, which includes a 120 MHz processor, 16 MB of memory, and a 12.1-inch TFT display. It also includes a modular CD-ROM drive.
- The Satellite 300CDS features a Pentium MMX CPU that runs at 166 MHz. In addition, it has a 2 MB PCI graphics card and a CD-ROM drive.
Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by Toshiba.>