Stack-On Gun Cabinets and Safes
Stack-On gun safes provide your firearms with protection against fire and water damage while keeping the contents well-organized and allowing for the storage of multiple guns at once. Because of the varying sizes of Stack-On gun safes, it is important to assess how many guns you own and how much space you will need to accommodate them in your gun safe. It can also be beneficial to keep track of how many accessories you own and whether or not the gun safe will have the necessary compartments to store them.What is a gun safe?
A gun safe is any large, metal-constructed product that has the capacity to store one or more firearms. These typically feature organized compartments to either rest the guns or store ammunition. A secure locking mechanism and a thick door are also typical components of a gun safe.What size cabinet should you get?
The proper size gun safe depends on your available space and the number of firearms that you own. You will always want to look for a safe that is bigger than what you need, which will allow you to increase your collection without running out of room.
Stack-On gun safes come in the following sizes:
- A 24-gun accommodating unit, which weighs 361 pounds and is 20.8 by 23.4 by 55 inches
- A 14-gun accommodating unit, which weighs 280 pounds and is 20.2 by 29.2 by 55 inches
- A 10-gun accommodating unit, which weighs 129 pounds and is 12.5 by 15.9 by 55.1 inches
- An 8-gun accommodating unit, which weighs 249 pounds and is 26 by 24 by 61 inches
- Fire protection rating: It is important to observe the fire protection rating on your product. Fire protection ratings are listed in degrees and minutes, typically starting at 20 minutes of resistance at up to 1200 degrees Fahrenheit. Experts recommend selecting a gun safe that can withstand 1200 degrees Fahrenheit for up to an hour so that it will have the largest chance of surviving a house fire.
- Water protection: These products will be able to protect your guns with a waterproof seal surrounding the door of the safe.
- The strength of the gun safe: It is beneficial to choose a safe with a steel body crafted from 12-gauge steel and containing locking bolts that cover all four sides of the door.
- Ease of access: If you are looking for a safe that will provide quick entry, an electronic keypad or biometric lock is a must in case of an emergency. Stack-On gun safes provide four types of locks: biometric, combination, key, and electronic.
- Door storage organizers: Make sure to select a safe that will have enough room and process the necessary compartments to hold any extra accessories you may have. Stack-On safes generally have compartments for magazines, belts, holsters, scopes, flashlights, cleaning gear, or gunsmithing tools.