How to Choose the Right Car Charger for Your Laptop
A laptop is generally a very important tool, especially for those people that conduct their businesses online. It may, however, not be of much help when the battery is down. For those people who are always on the move, this may be a great inconvenience that may slow down their work or bring it to a stop altogether. It, therefore, becomes necessary to find a way to recharge your laptop's battery as you travel. The safest and easiest way of doing this is by using a power adapter charger that can power your computer in your car.
What are the different types of power adapter in-car laptop chargers?
Two major types can be used in a car:
- The universal car adapter charger - This charger can power more than one brand of laptop. It is designed to be compatible with most of the popular laptop brands.
- The laptop-specific charger - This type can only charge a specific brand.
What factors should you consider when choosing an Acer power DC adapter car laptop charger?
- Laptop specification - This is perhaps the most critical factor to consider. All Acer laptops do not necessarily use the same type of charger. For instance, the Acer TravelMate B113 may not use the same exact power adapter car charger as the Chromebook C7 or the TimelineX 1830. The differences are usually found in areas such as the inverter and more importantly, the voltage.
- Convenience - If you own several laptops, or are thinking of buying a different brand, it would be wise to choose a universal charger. It is also advisable to consider this if the charger is meant to be used by different people.
- Ability to multi-task - Some AC /DC power adapter car chargers not only charge your laptop but are also fitted with USB ports where you can plug in your phone or power bank.
- Size - Your ideal charger should be compact; not too big. This makes it easy to carry around.
- Safety - The power adapter car charger should protect your laptop against circuit malfunctions, voltage flares, and too much heating.
- Flexibility - Some Acer AC adapter laptop chargers have both DC and AC connectors. They are used both at home and in the car.
What other features should you look out for?
- Some AC adapter laptop car chargers have long retractable power cords that facilitate easier movement.
- Other laptop car chargers can be used not only in cars but also on other vehicles such as boats, trains, and even on airplanes.
- It is also essential to make sure that you purchase your power adapter car charger from a reputable source. This will keep you out of the way of unscrupulous sellers associated with the not-so-uncommon cases of selling fake or dysfunctional computer accessories.
Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by Acer.