Finding a Mobile Printer
As technology advances, more and more products have become portable. First phones, then computers became small and light enough to carry around. Now, even printers can be taken on the go. Companies such as Kodak provide mobile printers.
Should I Choose a Normal Sized Printer or a Mini Printer?
While the regular printer is still standard, mini printers can come with their own advantages and disadvantages.
- Mini Printer: As mentioned, these mini printers can be portable. Many are either self powered or use alternative power sources, so you dont have to plug some of them up in order to use them. This can be very useful for business travelers who may need to reprint documents after revising them again, or for anyone who is on-the-go and may not be in an ideal office setting to print their work. They vary in size; some may fit a standard 8.5 x 11 inch paper, while others, such as the Kodak Mini, a photo printer, can print a 2.1 x 3.4 inch photo.
- Regular Printer: Both personal and business printers are larger than mobile printers. They may print using inkjet or laser technology - inkjet printers drop spots of ink onto paper to create images, while laser printers scan a laser beam across photoreceptors to produce the same result. Compared to mobile printers, normal printers can print a variety of different sizes and thicknesses in papers. They also may be cheaper, as mobile printers and their cartridges can be costly. They can also print much more paper at one time than a mobile printer might.
What are Some Features of the Kodak Mini?
Portable photo printers like the Kodak Mini are good for printing pictures that youve taken on the go, straight from an Android or iPhone camera.
- Design: As the name implies, the device is 3 x 6 x 0.9 inches, which is small enough to fit in a purse, backpack, or even a large pocket. It is brick shaped, uses an all-in-one ink and paper cartridge, and runs on a rechargeable battery.
- Connectivity: The mini printer can connect through WiFi, Wi-Fi Direct, or near-field communication (NFC) if your phone is equipped with NFC as well.
- App: For photo editing and printing, you use the Kodak Printer Mini app, which is available on both Android and iOS smartphones and devices. In editing, you can adjust brightness, contrast, sharpness, and more. You can also add stickers, filters, and borders to your photo.
- Process: Using ZINK photo paper, printing is a four-pass process, in which color is applied one layer at a time. During this, the photo paper ejects partially out of the printer before feeding back for another layer. The first three layers are yellow, magenta, and cyan, and the fourth pass lays down a protective clear coat to prevent smudging and humidity.
Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by the brands mentioned above.