Get Fit With Dumbbell Sets
Whether you are new to exercise or are already an experienced weightlifter, dumbbells are one of the simplest and most effective ways of improving your fitness. These classic exercise tools let you work out from home and gradually increase the intensity of your fitness routine. Here are some things to keep in mind when selecting and working with dumbbells.How many dumbbells do you really need?
For those just starting out, a set of dumbbells with pairs that weigh two, three, five, eight, and 10 pounds. This is a good range for both cardio and light weight lifting. If you really want to increase mass though, you will eventually need to invest in some heavier weight-lifting dumbells. A pair of 15, 20, 25, 30, 40, and even 50-pound weights can help you achieve more intense weightlifting goals.What are reasons to consider adjustable dumbbells?
Adjustable dumbbell sets can take some of the guesswork out of buying your fitness weights because you can just add on plates until you reach your desired weight instead of having to get exactly the number of weights you need. Another nice perk of adjustable dumbbells is that they are more affordable, since you just need a single handle. You can customize your weights to unusual sizes like 6.5 to get exactly the exercise you want.What's the difference between adjustable and selectorized dumbbells?
There are two separate types of adjustable dumbbells. Some require you to secure weight plates on a handle to get customized dumbbell weights. Another option is selectorized dumbbells, where you rest the handle on a stack of weights, turn the dial to your desired number, and then pick it up to automatically get the right number of plates. These do make it a bit easier to pick the right number of plates, but they do cost more and are less durable.What are helpful features to think about when picking dumbbell sets?
- Flat edges to keep weights from rolling away
- Textured handles for a better grip
- Rubber or neoprene heads to protect flooring
- Color-coded weights to speed up weight selection
- Steel or iron construction for extra durability
Maintaining dumbbell sets is quite simple. Iron, rubber, or steel weights can be wiped down with warm, soapy water and then dried. Store iron and steel weights in a dry area to reduce rusting, and keep rubber or urethane weights out of the sun to reduce fading.What types of dumbbell weight sets are there?
Dumbbell sets come in a variety of types. Depending on what you prefer, you can buy the dumbbell weight set alone, or you can buy the dumbbell set with a rack. Barbells and dumbbells aren't solely for bodybuilders; everyone can benefit from a little strength training. With such a wide variety of setups, there is one for everybody.
- Adjustable weights are a common style of dumbbells to use, and they're effective if you're short on space. By moving a pin between various configurations, a single dumbbell can be modified for multiple weights.
- Fixed weights are great if you are new to dumbbells and weights. These provide a platform with stability.
- Hex-shaped dumbbells have two six-sided ends on a solid bar. These are good if you worry about a weight falling off or rolling.
- Weight full sets feature a full set of 20 weights. Each set's weight distribution will vary, so it's a good idea to check the manufacturer's site.
- Dumbbells can come in increments of 5 or 10 pounds, so some dumbbell sets will include weights of 25 pounds and 50 pounds. Lighter dumbbells may come in other increments for beginners, usually up to 10 pounds before switching to a standardized increment.
Weight sets and dumbbell sets for sale come in different materials. The original cast iron is still a good choice, as is the newer neoprene style of dumbbell weights. If you prefer more of a softer material, you can also choose rubber or vinyl dumbbell sets. Other types of material used in making a finished dumbbell weight set vary in cost and strength. The material does not make a difference in the weights of the dumbbells. Some other options include:
- Neoprene or vinyl
- Cast iron or steel iron
- Plastic or urethane
- Rubber or plastic
There are over 30 different brands of weights or dumbbells sets for sale. They can each be purchased as a dumbbell set. If you shop wisely, you can find a dumbbell set for sale at a great price versus buying brand-new. Some of the leaders in selling weight sets are:
- Gold's Gym