Shop New, Used & Certified Refurbished Computer Headsets
When listening to music or playing games on the computer, a good headset can make the experience even better. There are many kinds to choose from: connected, wireless, noise cancelling, high fidelity sound, and with a microphone or without a mic. You can choose one that's suitable for most uses or one that's more specialized.
What's the Difference Between Headsets and Headphones?
Most people are familiar with headphones. They deliver stereo audio only. They come with large or small earpieces.
Headsets deliver stereo sound but also have a microphone. The mic is for real-time voice communication and interaction. The microphone can be embedded in the headset or attached externally. The external mic can be positioned in front of the speaker's mouth or pushed out of the way when not in use.
What are Noise Cancelling Headsets?
Noise cancellation is a technology that uses active sound control to minimize outside noise. The feature monitors incoming ambient sounds. The circuitry inside the earpiece picks what sounds to block like airplane or construction noise. It can reduce the sounds of common distractions like nearby conversations.
Not all headsets have this feature. If you travel, the feature may make your journey more pleasant, especially in an airplane or crowded train. If you are using a headset for work, then it can be an asset allowing you to focus on your conversation, not what's going on around you.
Wired vs. Wireless Headsets
Traditional headsets are wired. They are attached by a cable to the desktop, laptop, phone, television, or other device. On one end are one or more connection points like RCA jacks, a 3.5 mm audio out plug, a 3.5 mm microphone jack, or a USB connection.
Wireless headsets connect through Bluetooth pairing. Bluetooth must be active on the computer, laptop, or mobile device. The earpiece transmits a signal that the device receives. The link is established on the device pairing both ends of the connection. Bluetooth technology is commonplace.
What Features are Important to Look for in a Gaming Headset?
Choosing the best gaming headset requires a different set of criteria than selecting one for music or business. A gaming headset needs to be compatible with a specific console or device, durable, comfortable, and have good sound quality. Here's why these are important aspects to consider:
- Platform: Some types are specific to a platform like a PC or gaming console. Some headsets can be used for multiple platforms.
- Durability: A gaming headset is an investment. Choose one that can survive activity and rough handling.
- Comfort: Choose a headset that will feel comfortable through many hours of play.
- Sound Quality: Interactive games can be an immersive experience. A gaming headset will need to pick up both loud and subtle sounds.
Certified Refurbished Computer Headsets
Looking to buy a computer headset but holding out for a good deal? Consider shopping eBay Refurbished items on eBay. These headsets will be delivered in like-new condition, along with all instructions, packaging, and accessories. Buyers enjoy a 2-year warranty and 30-day return/replacement policy that starts when you take delivery. Participating sellers are held to our highest standards of customer service and monitored to ensure they're hitting eBay's metrics. Whether you need a headset for work or gaming, going with a Certified Refurbished product could leave money in your pocket.
Smart shopping with eBay Refurbished
eBay Refurbished is your budget-stretching secret weapon. eBay offers the best value on the biggest selection of refurbished products from exceptional sellers with warranties as good as or superior to what's offered on brand-new products.Because everyone should be empowered to get the exact products they want in the right condition at the right price so their dollars go further.
- Certified Refurbished: The item is in pristine, like-new condition, backed by a two-year warranty. It has been professionally inspected, cleaned, and refurbished by the manufacturer or a manufacturer-approved vendor to meet manufacturer specifications. The item will be in new packaging with original or new accessories.
- Excellent Refurbished: The item is in like-new condition, backed by a one year warranty. It has been professionally refurbished, inspected and cleaned to excellent condition by qualified sellers. The item includes original or new accessories and will come in new generic packaging.
- Very Good Refurbished: The item shows minimal wear and is backed by a one year warranty. It is fully functional and has been professionally refurbished, inspected and cleaned to very good condition by qualified sellers. The item includes original or new accessories and will come in new generic packaging.
- Good Refurbished: The item shows moderate wear and is backed by a one year warranty. It is fully functional and has been professionally refurbished, inspected and cleaned to good condition by qualified sellers. The item includes original or new accessories and will come in a new generic packaging.
Industry-leading Warranty and 30 day returns Included in Every Purchase
eBay has partnered with Allstate to include an award winning warranty in every box. So you're covered in the event your item breaks or malfunctions. Learn more about ebay refurbished warranty coverage.
eBay Refurbished items can be returned or replaced for free within 30 days of receiving them. Only a select group of eBay sellers can participate in the program, and we monitor their performance to ensure they live up to the highest standards of customer service. Learn more about the perks of shopping eBay Refurbished.
Returns Made Simple How It Works
Start your return: In My eBay, find the item under Purchase history, then in More actions, choose Return this item.
Select your reason: Depending on the seller's return policy, we may put you in touch with them directly.
Ship it back:You'll be issued a packing slip and shipping label. Pack the item and ship it.
Check the listing's return policy before making your purchase.
Be sure to note shipping deadlines and whether an item can be returned for refund, replacement, or exchange.
Return the item in the same condition you received it in -- pack it well. Learn more about the item condition policy
We work hard to make returns smooth. For those rare cases when they don't go that way, the eBay Money Back Guarantee may help. Get the item you ordered or your money back--guaranteed.
eBay Money Back Guarantee
Whatever you're buying--large or small--eBay offers many ways to ensure you get exactly what you want.
Get the item you ordered or your money back--it's that simple. Our eBay Money Back Guarantee applies to virtually everything on our site, and there's no extra fee for coverage. It's automatic and covers your purchase price plus original shipping on eligible purchases*.
Follow these steps to get your refund:
Contact Your Seller If an item hasn't arrived or isn't as described, go to My eBay, select the item in your purchase history, and reach out to your seller.
Not resolved? Let us know. If you've talked to your seller and the issue still isn't resolved after three business days, contact us.
We'll get your money back. Fast. You can count on hearing from us within 48 hours.
*Item exclusions apply. For full terms and conditions, read our eBay Money Back Guarantee policy.