Bogen Photo Studio Light Stands and Booms
Light stands and booms can help you improve your photography skills and your photographs. Light stands from Bogen can help you to position lights in a way that can expand options for the types of photography you can do in your studio. The Bogen stand is produced by Manfrotto, and most options are in the form of a tripod and feature a variety of amenities, such as directional lighting and shade umbrellas.How are these Bogen light stands used?
Manfrotto's Bogen light stands can be used in a variety of ways. For example, you can position the lighting tripod so that it is behind your photography subject. A stand placed in this way will help eliminate black areas around the subject by removing shadows. However, you can also add black highlights by positioning your Bogen stand in front of your subject. Typically, photographers use a Manfrotto Bogen stand to produce light for portraits, sports team photos, or even still-life shots. In some instances, they can use different colored lights to create a variety of lighting effects, such as black and red lights and other tints. A good light stand should provide a photographer with more than a dozen different uses.What materials make up these light stands?
Manfrotto uses a handful of materials to make their Bogen models. A good Bogen should be made of aluminum or steel. The quality of the light stand materials varies and which one is most appropriate depends on why you are using your Bogen:
- Aluminum: Those who plan on using a Bogen for an outdoor light stand should consider aluminum as this material is lightweight and resistant to rust.
- Steel: This material is a good choice for those who want a light stand or Bogen that is sturdy under various circumstances. For example, people who want a light stand for outdoor wedding photography in difficult weather conditions should consider a steel Bogen.
These light stands are made with a variety of different height choices, including tiny 8-inch stands, 1-foot stands, 10-foot ones, and even some up to 20 feet. Each light stand will also have a different payload amount. For example, a small stand is likely to have the capability to hold up to 3 pounds. Others may hold bulbs that weigh up to 440 pounds.Which special features are available for these light stands?
Several different special features are available for these products. These items enhance the use of the stands and make them more adaptable. They include the following and more:
- Air cushioned control
- Shade umbrella for directional positioning
- Music and speakers for entertainment during lengthy shoots
- Wheels for easier transportation
- Thread adjustment for length changes