Finish Your Projects Easily With Apple Computer Keyboards
Apple computer keyboards are intended to be used with Apple devices, such as an iMac, MacBook, or iPad. These compatible keyboards can replace previous parts. There are a few things to consider while shopping for a new Apple computer keyboard on eBay to ensure you get the correct device for typing on your computer.
What different types of keyboards are available?
These computer keyboards come in three sizes: standard, slim, and mini. Some keyboards offer a magic keyboard with a numeric keypad such as the Apple MQ052LL/A Magic Keyboard with Numeric Pad. Apple manufactures three different versions of Apple keyboards for users:
- A USB keyboard that connects via a USB port.
- A keyboard that connects wirelessly via Bluetooth.
- A keyboard that connects both ways.
How do you know which type of keyboard is compatible?
Which keyboard you get depends on personal preference. If an included 10-key is a must have, then you will want to go with a wired option. If you like the mobility of a wireless variety, then you may prefer to invest in a Bluetooth option. In order to be able to use the wireless keyboard, your computer will need to have Bluetooth capabilities. There is a simple way to check your Mac to see if it would be a seamless fit with a wireless keyboard option:
- Select the menu or Apple icon.
- Click "About this Mac."
- Select "More Info."
- Click "System Report."
- Look to see if "Bluetooth" is listed anywhere in that menu. If it is, your device has the correct capabilities.
How do you connect a USB Apple keyboard?
Luckily, connecting a keyboard via a cord is quite simple. While your Mac is off, plug the connecting cord into any USB port on the computer. Ensure that it is securely in place. You should not be able to see any of the silver metal on the USB cord. Turn your Mac on, and your keyboard should be ready to control immediately.
How do you connect a Bluetooth keyboard on a Mac?
Connecting a wireless unit to a Mac is simple enough to be done within a few minutes. You will want to ensure that your computers Bluetooth is on. To do this, click the Apple or menu icon, select "Settings," and then click "Bluetooth." Once youve selected "Bluetooth" from the menu, you should be able to see whether it is on or not. This is also where you want to click "Setup Bluetooth Device." Keep in mind, wireless keyboards will require at least one battery for use. Then do the following steps:
- Step One: Press and hold the power button for approximately three seconds.
- Step Two: Press and hold the power button for five seconds to switch the keyboard back on.
- Step Three: The keyboard should now appear in the available devices area.
- Step Four: Select the keyboard, and your Apple should give you a number to type into the keyboard in order to complete the pairing process.
Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by Apple.