Acer is a company known for its computers, but the brand also makes tablets that run on Android firmware. Acer tablets are smaller than a traditional computer, but often offer many of the same features in a portable package.What should you look for in an Acer tablet?
There are many parts and aspects of tablets that should be taken into consideration when looking for one to purchase. Here are just a few of the major components you should know about.
- Operating system: Does the machine run the latest version of Android or offer the option to upgrade to a later version? Later versions of Android operating systems generally contain the updated features, fixes, and more.
- Processor: What kind of chip does the tablet use? Acer uses i7 chips from Intel, which has an impact on the GHz rates. Some designs with Intel chips also have quad-core support where multiple cores of the chip work in tandem. This quad-core ability lets you play games and render graphics.
- Storage space: Tablets may require additional space, so check on the storage capacity of your device to ensure you have enough to meet your needs. The base amount of space you should consider is 16GB, which is enough to download some apps and store quite a few pictures. Other Acer choices offer more than 16GB, with some offering 32GB, 64GB, and occasionally, you will find some that have 128GB of storage. Generally, 16GB and 32GB of storage are the standard.
While a tablets operating system and storage space are important considerations, Acer models also offer a variety of features, including USB ports to connect peripheral devices as well as front and rear cameras. Some models include GPS navigation, and if screen quality is important to you, consider an HD model with a high pixel resolution.Which Acer tablets should you consider?
Acer has quite a few choices that you should consider depending on your preferences for screen size, touchscreen sensitivity, and more. Models such as the Aspire and Iconia Tab offer a variety of features.
- Acer Iconia: The Acer Iconia is a tablet that has an LED screen and an Intel processor. Its portable, but the 7-inch screen is large enough to watch movies or stream videos. It has a large battery and a microSD card lets you store information if wanted.
- Acer Iconia Tab: The Acer Iconia Tab is the larger version of the Acer Iconia. The Iconia Tab measures in at 10.1 inches in screen size and includes the chip that can run at speeds up to 2.4 GHz. It has both 16GB and 32GB options for storage, and the Acer Iconia Tab runs the Android OS.
- Acer Aspire: Though not as compact as the Acer Iconia or the Iconia Tab, the Aspire is a laptop hybrid that comes with a detachable keyboard and quad-core support.