Buying a Graphics Card to Enhance your Gaming Experience
The AMD Radeon HD 6950 is a graphics card from AMD that is specifically aimed at keen gamers and over-clocking enthusiasts. It also offers a lot of upgrade incentives.
What Advantages can I Expect from this Card?
There are various advantages to installing an AMD Radeon HD 6950 graphics card in your gaming computer, some of which are:
- This Radeon Graphics Processing Unit (GPU) fully supports DirectX 11 and scalable geometry processing.
- It can handle up to six simultaneous displays.
- Applications can be supercharged with AMD App Acceleration. AMD App Acceleration can stream video, HD videos, games, and apps at increased speed and performance.
- With AMD Crossfire technology you can harness the power of multiple GPUs for high-definition gaming and image quality.
What are the Specifications of the GPU?
The following lists some of the specifications of the HD 6950 video card:
- Engine Clock: The Radeon HD 6950 has a core clock speed of 800 MHz.
- Memory. 2 GB GDDR5 memory at 1250 MHz (5.0 Gbps GDDR5) is provided.
- Connectivity. The Radeon display card provides a range of connectivity. It has an HDMI output, two DVI ports, and a pair of mini DisplayPort connectors.
- Integrated HD Audio Controller. This AMD Radeon GPU provides output protected high bit rate 7.1 channel surround sound over HDMI with no additional cables required. It supports AC-3, AAC, Dolby TrueHD, and DTS Master Audio formats.
Which System Requirements are Essential for Installation?
This Radeon GPU can be easily installed into your gaming computer. However, the following system requirements should be noted:
- A PCI Express based PC is required with one X16 lane graphics slot available on the motherboard.
- It is advisable to have 500 Watt or greater power supply with two 75 Watt 6-pin PCI Express power connectors.
- A minimum of 1 GB of system memory is needed.
- The installation software requires a CD-ROM drive, a keyboard, a mouse and a display.
- Blu-Ray playback requires a Blu-ray drive and a Blu-ray disk.
- For an AMD CrossFireX system, a second AMD Radeon HD 6900 Series graphics card, an AMD CrossFireX-ready motherboard, and one CrossFireX Interconnect Bridge are required.
- Use of three or more displays with AMD Eyefinity technology requires a DisplayPort-capable panel or an AMD Eyefinity validated dongle.
Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by AMD.