Do You Need a New Charger for Your Laptop?
Your laptop charger is perhaps the most important accessory for you HP Pavilion notebook, and without one, you can't watch movies, search the internet, or get your important work or study done. Whether you've lost or damaged your charger, or it doesn't seem to be working properly, it's time to look for a replacement so you can get back to doing the things that you need to do.
What Should I Look For?
Laptop chargers come in two different parts: an AC adapter and a power cord. You may only need one of these parts or both depending on your situation.
- AC adapter: The AC adapter acts as a connector between your power supply and laptop battery. It plugs into the wall outlet and has a box. The adapter converts the AC electrical current from the wall outlet to your laptop's specifications.
- Power cord: The power cord runs from the adapter into your laptop.
- Model: To find the right kind of charger that you need for your laptop, you should check which Pavilion model you have. You can do this by checking on the plastic bezel on the outside of your screen or by turning your laptop upside down. You can then find the parts that you need based on the model number.
How Can I Care for My Laptop Charger?
There are a number of things you can do to take care of your charger for your HP Pavilion laptop or notebook so that it lasts a long time.
- Unplug when it's hot: Just like your laptop, your charger is also at risk of overheating. If you find that the AC adapter is feeling very hot, make sure you unplug it and leave it to cool down before using it again.
- Keep it away from water: Water can wreak havoc on your charger, just like it does with any electrical device. You should make sure that no water gets in to any part.
- Keep away from sharp objects: The wires in your cord can get damaged if any sharp objects make cuts into the outer cable part.