OLED Televisions: What are They?
The era of televisions has fast evolved. There are now high-definition TV screens and not the old bulky ones in the past.
Modern TVs have the ability to connect to Wi-Fi, and some even have curved screen displays with very high-resolution levels for optimized clarity.
Oganic light emitting diode (OLED) TVs are made of organic compounds that light up when connected to electricity. The pixels are stacked on to an OLED panel on your screen display and are self-lighting in nature.
When OLED TVs were first introduced to the market, they were highly praised for their perfect black levels and excellent color clarity. This has changed since they are now more affordable and available. The major vendors of OLED TVs are Samsung and LG Electronics. Sony has an agreement with LG that allows them to put OLED screens on their TVs, for example, such as the Sony Bravia.
What are some of the features of a 1080p TV?
1080p is used to describe the resolution of a TV. High resolution is the major reason that people go out and get full HD televisions. The picture quality you get is way higher than in a TV that is not of HD quality. Different manufacturers have developed varying niches to occupy the market. Here are some of the standard features in flat screen TVs:
- Curved displays - Samsung Electronics was the first company to introduce curved screen TVs in the market and LG followed shortly thereafter. Most of these high-end screens are OLED and have a 1080p resolution. The curved aperture of the screen greatly reduces reflection and the interlace capability that enhances the perception of motion during the day thus allowing you to view comfortably.
- Ports - Nearly all the flat screen TVs in the current times come with built-in ports such as USB and multiple HDMI inputs. Besides, they also have some support mechanism that makes the screen wall-mounted using stands.
- Connectivity - There are smart TVs nowadays that can connect to the internet via Wi-Fi. Some of the popular TV brands here include LG, Hisense, and Sony among others that are adopting the same techniques in their electronics.
What are the advantages of a 108p OLED TV?
- Low power consumption - An OLED screen display doesn't require electronic circuitry to drive the LED back-light from the LED display. The OLED turns off the pixels completely thus saving energy.
- Durability and lighter in weight - Removal of the backlighting leads to removal of the heavy glass substrates in LED displays, replacing them with more durable plastics that are lighter.
- Good picture quality - OLEDs have their own color filters and so they can display higher black levels and contrast ratios. Those with either 1080p resolution or 4K ultra HD capabilities are among the considerable OLED TVs.